The Bulgarian national literary prize “Khristo G. Danov” has been established in 1999 by the Ministry of Culture, National Book Center and Municipality Plovdiv. It is awarded each year on the occasion of 24 May – The Day of the Bulgarian enlightenment and culture and the Slavonic literacy. The prize winners are writers with significant contribution to the national literary culture during the year.
This year the authoritative jury has bestowed at the official ceremony in the town of Plovdiv the following literary prizes:
The prize “Khristo G. Danov” for entire contribution to the Bulgarian literature:
• Stefan Tsanev – prominent Bulgarian dramatist, poet and writer.
• Nedialko Slavov – for the novel “Faustino” (S.:Ciela)
• Rada Sharlandzhieva – for the translation of “Tsepnatinata” by Doris Lesing (Pl.:Lettera)
• Milena Kirova and Korneliia Slavova – for “Identichnosti v prekhod: rod, medii i populiarna kultura v Bulgariia sled 1989 g. (S.:Polis)
ART OF THE BOOK:
• Tekla and Zheko Aleksievi – for the graphic design of the editions “Bulgarite i frantsuzite” and “Atlas – Bulgarskite zemi v arabopismenata kartografska traditsiia IX-XIV vek (S.:Tangra)
• Publishing House “PAN” – for the series “Books for Bulgaria”
ELECTRONIC EDITION AND NEW TECHNOLOGIES:
• The electronic journal “Liberalen pregled” www.librev.com