Which is the literary event in Bulgaria in 2011?
Many Bulgarian authors have worked successfully and fruitfully during the past year. Among them are the names of talented young writers such as: Deian Enev, Kalin Terzijski, Milen Ruskov, Galin Nikiforov, Plamen Dojnov, Alek Popov, Kristin Dimitrova, Georgi Gospodinov, Vasil Balev, as well as the names of older writers: Georgi Konstantinov, Ekaterina Josifova, Kalin Donkov, etc.
According to the inquiry made by Literary Newspaper among famous writers, poets, literary critics, translators, experts in literary, journalists, some of the most significant literary events in Bulgaria in 2011 are the following:
Rumen Leonidov – Sliapa nedelia; Marin Bodakov – Naivno izkustvo; Ilko Dimitrov – Chetiri; Ani Ilkov – Subrano.
The best two novels of the year: Georgi Gospodinov – Fizika na tugata; Milen Ruskov – Vuzvishenie.
Ivan Teofilov – Vselenata na iajtseto; Deian Enev – Bulgarcheto ot Aliaska; Teodora Dimova – Marma, Mariam; Ianitsa Radeva – Bonbonierata; Elena Aleksieva – Nobelistut; Stoil Roshkev – Niama takuv bulevard. Postkomunisticheski razkazi. Galin Nikiforov – Kushtata na klounite; Liubomir Kanov - Strela ot trustika.
Vladimir Svintila – Mnogolikiiat stolichanin; Boris Minkov – Grad – mezhdinni poleta.
Galia Simeonova-Konah – Postmodernizmut. Bulgarskiiat sluchaj; Emiliia Dvorianova – Osven literaturata; Plamen Dojnov – Bulgarskiiat sotsrealizum: 1956, 1968, 1989. Norma i kriza v literaturata na NRB; Mihail Nedelchev – Literaturnoistoricheska rekonstruktsiia; Georgi Grozdev – Izchezvasht vid. Sreshti s majstori.
Vasil Stefanov – Putiat na rezhisurata; Dimitur Avramov – Literatura i izkustvo: Mirogledno-esteticheski konteksti.
Pindar – Pitijski odi; Josef Rot – Jov. Romanut na edin obiknoven chovek.
Iztok-Zapad – for their whole production (Bulgarian and translated titles) in the field of humanitaristics; Zhanet 45 (Plovdiv) – for their marvellous editions of poetry and illustrated children’s books.
- Meetings in Sofia with great writers and presentation of their books: Orhan Pamuk – Drugi tsvetove; Rishard Krinitski – Kamuk, skrezh; Goran Petrovich – Razliki; etc.
- The novel Kushtata na klounite by Galin Nikiforov, has won the National literary prize “Elias Canetti” for new prose and dramaturgy, written by Bulgarian author. It was awarded on a ceremony in the town of Rousse – the birthplace of the famous writer Elias Canetti.
- The big award “Bronze Lion” for 2011 for publishing project with biggest social significance was awarded to Trud Publishing House for their Big Encyclopaedia Bulgaria – a colossal twelve volume work with more than 5000 pages containing the most comprehensive and updated information about Bulgaria.
- Special award for contribution to the Bulgarian literature and books was given to Janet-45 Publishing House for Vselenata na Iajtseto - by Ivan Teofilov and Vuzvishenie - by Milen Ruskov.
- Special award for contribution to the Bulgarian culture was given to the splendidly prepared and perfectly printed book Trakijskite sukrovishta i dolinata na Trakijskite tsare - by Hermes Publishing House.
- Bulgarian National Fund “13 Centuries Bulgaria” continues the tradition of the National literary prize “BULGARIAN NOVEL OF THE YEAR”. The prestigious literary prize in 2011 has been bestowed on the novel: Liatoto na neudachnitsite – by Galin Nikiforov.
The poetry as well as belles-lettres has offered many valuable titles in 2011. Some of the above-mentioned authors and titles are MUST for the readers of Bulgarian literature. The new books of poetry in 2011 indicate that many young talented poets together with the recognized names have appeared in modern Bulgarian literature.
As a literary event may be indicated also the great number of published books in 2011 for the scales of our country, which is another evidence of its spiritual and cultural achievements.