The novel “Kushtata na klounite” by Galin Nikiforov, Ciela publishing, has won the National literary prize “Elias Canetti”. It was awarded on a ceremony in the town of Rousse – the birthplace of the famous novelist and non-fiction writer Elias Canetti.
Among the 37 candidate-books the following 8 titles have been nominated:
- Kushtata na klounite – by Nikoforov, Galin
- Ulitsata na peperudite – by Angelova, Kerana
- Tsinkograf – by Todorov, Vladislav
- Apokalipsisut idva v 6 vecherta – by Gospodinov, Georgi
- Izkhodut – by Zarev, Vladimir
- Project Dostoevski – by Parushev, Radoslav
- Mototsikletut; Romul Veliki; Naivist; Pak togava, v Sao Paolo; Kakuv sum za Pitur Bruk?; Bobo i drugi chetiva – by Fintsi, Itskakh
- Zeleno i zlatno – by Choleva, Silviia
The national competition “Elias Canetti” for new prose and dramaturgy written by Bulgarian authors is held bi-annually. It has been established in 2005 and this is its fourth edition.
Galin Nikiforov is the third winner after the writers Konstantin Iliev – for “Porazhenie”, Alek Popov – for “Chernata kutiia” and Ivajla Aleksandrova – for the novel “Goreshto cherveno”.